Saturday 18 February 2012

Working as a barber still gives me a buzz

 

Working as a barber still gives me a buzz

E WAS born above a hairdressers and now he's celebrating 50 years in the business.

"Dressed in a little white coat with rosy cheeks, I was learning the trade from a young age," Dave said.

e would sweep up in the Kd cheeky postcards.

"I've had the barbers I've got now for two years, but we've been down Southcoates Lane a while.

Dave began running a salon in Bilton for seven years after leaving Skyline and has worked at a wide range of barbers during his career.

"I can remember one of the lads was cutting a woman's hair and didn't realise he had sliced through the wire to her hearing aid.

"It's a great little shop and we have a great deal of regulars.

"I worked there for three years and it was great," says Dave.

Working as a barber still gives me a buzz



Trade News selected by Local Linkup on 18/02/2012